6.29.2010

Artists I love: JENNIFER NETTLES

Even if I used all the best words, it still wouldn't be enough to describe how much I love her so I'll just let the music do the explaining.


<3 <3 <3



This is probably the most real, most beautiful song I've ever heard.





Okay, I'll try. I don't know her, but what I do know is that she loves to sing. You can not only see it, but you can feel it. Every. single. time. she sings. I don't know what else to say but that her soul just sparkles. It just emits a happiness and a love for spreading just those very things. I remember the exact moment I heard her voice for the first time; on the radio driving home from college for the weekend. "Woah, who IS this girl?!" That night I downloaded their entire cd and listened to it non-stop. When I didn't think I could love an artist more, I discovered her solo work. Oh. My. God. Amazing. And then seeing her perform live? She is sass and heartache, energy and fun, fire and soul all bottled up into one person. I can't fully explain how it makes me feel to listen to her sing. I don't know the right combination of words that would justify it just yet. I'll come up with it someday, and I will definitely be using all the best ones.

No comments: