- The Hawaiian alphabet consists of only twelve letters. The five vowels are A,E,I,O,U. And the seven consonants are H,K,L,M,N,P,W.
- Hawaii is the only US state that grows coffee.
- Its the most isolated population center on Earth. It is 2,390 miles from California, 3,850 miles from Japan and 4,900 miles from China.
- Hawaii has its own time zone. It’s called Hawaiian Standard Time.
- Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.
- Hawaiians live longer than any other Americans. Life expectancy for males is 75, for females 80 years.
- From east to west, Hawaii is the widest state in the United States.
- The TV show LOST was filmed in Hawaii.
- Sugarland's video "All I Wanna Do" was too.
- Hawaii produces about 320,000 tons of pineapple each year.
- Among all U.S. states, Hawaii has the highest percentage of women in the workforce, about 63 percent as of 2003. (suck it.)
- Kauai is the oldest of the main Hawaiian Islands. It’s over six million years old.
- It's always been on my list of places I really really want to go.
- And the most fun fact of all?! ...I AM GOING THERE IN 22 DAYS!!!! (Sorry for the yelling.) Specifically here:
It's going to be four days of me saying, "Holy shitballs, we're in Hawaii!!!" (I might have to take a tally of how often this phrase is said), possibly peeing myself a small amount a few times, and taking a hundred million pictures.
I'm slightly excited.