6.21.2010

25 things I want to do while I'm 25.

I love the idea of having a bucket list. A list of things you want to do before you die. I also like projects and am always looking for something to keep me busy. So, when I came across this idea of making a list, not just one long list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket, but a new one - every year - starting on your birthday, I thought: yep, this is for me.  You take the age you will be turning, and you make a list of that many things that you want to hopefully complete before your next birthday.

Things I like about this:
1. It gives you a deadline. Deadlines are good for me. I'm stubborn and I don't like failing. :) It gives me more motivation. A lifetime is too long to wait to do the things you want to do anyway.

2. Not everything on the list has to be a huge, life changing thing. Do I want to ride an elephant in India before I die? UH YEAH! Is it going to happen this year? Probably not. But, it's okay because I have 26, and 27, and 28...

3. And really, who even knows when we are going to kick the bucket anyway? Not me. And, especially being a nurse, I've realized - sometimes, it's a lot earlier than you think.
So, this year for me is a mixture. Some big things I've never done but always wanted to do, and some are things I've done before that I loved but it's been a LONG time and I want to do again. 
And no project of mine would be complete without also being a photography project, so...pictures will absolutely be included :)



Here is the list:
25 THINGS I WANT TO DO WHILE I'M 25.

  • 1. go fishing.
  • 2. fly a kite. ✓
  • 3. surf.
  • 4. go to the snow. ✓
  • 5. go to the grand canyon again. ✓*
  • 6. pay for the persons coffee behind me at starbucks.
  • 7. see the white house. ✓
  • 8. run in the rain. ✓
  • 9. lay in the grass & count the stars. ✓
  • 10. another stamp in my passport. ✓
  • 11. wear a dress just for fun. ✓
  • 12. watch fireworks. ✓
  • 13. get another tattoo. ✓
  • 14. buy (and play!) a guitar. ✓
  • 15. go to the zoo. ✓
  • 16. watch a sunset on the beach. ✓
  • 17. make smores. ✓
  • 18. make homemade lemonade.
  • 19. play skeeball. ✓*
  • 20. skip rocks. ✓
  • 21. go ice skating.
  • 22. take pictures in a photobooth. ✓
  • 23. plant flowers. ✓
  • 24. buy a bike. ✓
  • 25. jump out of a plane.

No comments: