1. Float in a hot air balloon.
4. Tattoo #3
7. Ride a horse.
9. Get a kiss on New Years Eve.
10. Learn more Spanish. Hola!
12. Buy a telescope.
14. Get a picture in a magazine.
15. Knit a blanket.
17. Make a photowall.
19. Send a message in a bottle.
24. Go to a drive-in movie theater.
26. Stalk Black Carl until they make me their official photographer.
Sadly I didn't cross off everything on the list from last year, but I will still work on those this year:
-make homemade lemonade
-go ice skating
-jump out of a plane
-pay for the person's coffee behind me at Starbucks.
I love the idea of having a bucket list. A list of things you want to do before you die. I also like projects and am always looking for something to keep me busy. So, when I came across this idea of making a list, not just one long list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket, but a new one - every year - starting on your birthday, I thought: yep, this is for me. You take the age you will be turning, and you make a list of that many things that you want to hopefully complete before your next birthday.
Things I like about this:
1. It gives you a deadline. Deadlines are good for me. I'm stubborn and I don't like failing. :) It gives me more motivation. A lifetime is too long to wait to do the things you want to do anyway.
2. Not everything on the list has to be a huge, life changing thing. Do I want to ride an elephant in India before I die? UH YEAH! Is it going to happen this year? Probably not. But, it's okay because I have 26, and 27, and 28...
3. And really, who even knows when we are going to kick the bucket anyway? Not me. And, especially being a nurse, I've realized - sometimes, it's a lot earlier than you think.
So, this year for me is a mixture. Some big things I've never done but always wanted to do, and some are things I've done before that I loved but it's been a LONG time and I want to do again.
And no project of mine would be complete without also being a photography project, so...pictures will absolutely be included :)